The Moore House Cocktail Company is the data controller and is the owner and operator of this website and the relevant accounts on the Social Media and shall in these terms be referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and ‘The Moore House Cocktail Company’. This means that The Moore House Cocktail Company Limited determines what data is collected within the organisation and how this data is going to be used and how this data is protected.
Our Commitment to You
Moore House Cocktail Company is committed to protect your right to privacy online. Any personal information you provide and use of that information is critical to our business objectives and reputation and we will be responsible for ensuring that any personal information you provide is protected.
What personal information will you be asked to provide and how will we use that information?
Our website only captures and stores personal information provided by you to us on a voluntary basis and therefore with your consent. Any personal information capable of identifying you will only be used strictly for the purpose(s) for which you provide it . In this respect we may deem it necessary to share this information with third parties as our specific agents as part of our supply chain. This includes but is not limited to DHL, Shopify, Mailchimp and PayPal.
From time to time we will send you information about our latest products, services and/or promotional activities "Promotional Material" we think you may be interested in seeing. To this end, we may deem it necessary to pass your details on to our agents who will only be permitted to use your personal details for sending you Promotional Material on our company and its products. Should you not wish to receive such information it is your responsibility to tick the relevant box telling us.
We reserve the right to remove your details from our records at any time.
Collection of personal data (directly or indirectly provided by you)
When you use this website, whether browsing; participating in any promotions; making a purchase; registering an account or interacting with us via social media, you agree that we may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you directly give to us: Your name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, delivery address, e-mail address and payment details when you purchase items from this website and when you register an account. We will generate an order number which will be linked to your details when you place an order on the website.
Information you provide to us depending on your settings on your other accounts when corresponding with us via Social Media and when you fill in forms on the website. For example, you can register to subscribe to our newsletters and e-mails, enter into any competitions or promotions or complete surveys. You may then provide additional information about you such as your interests and hobbies, your photograph and other identifying information, details of your Social Media accounts and posts.
Information you provide to us when you submit reviews, feedback, images, videos, or any other information via this website or our Social Media, whether relating to this website or our products or any other matter that you wish to comment on.
You warrant to us and agree that it is your responsibility to ensure at all times that:
Information you provide to us is personal to you (you should not use or send to us another person’s e-mail address or a generic e-mail address which can be accessed by other people);
Information you provide to us is accurate and up to date; and,You will keep us informed of any changes.
Automatically collected by our systems
By using this website there is a certain amount of information which gets created and recorded automatically by the IT systems which operate our website and by Internet Service Providers that you use. This includes:
- ‘Cookies’: small files sent by your computer to us every time you visit our web-site. We use these to distinguish you from other users; make it easier for you to use our website; improve your shopping experience; measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising and deliver relevant advertising to you. Further information on the technology we use to collect some of this information is available on our Cookies Policy.
- Technical information which identifies you personally such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or the proxy server used by you to access this website.
- Technical information which does not personally identify you such as the type of device you use to access this website, your browser type and settings, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and other general device and systems information.
- Statistical and log data about your visit to this website including how many times you have visited, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the site including the date and time of your visit, products and pages you viewed or searched for, the duration of a page view and any information about how our website was navigated by you; your order information (and any personal information you provide for processing and delivery).
- Information received from other sources
- We have to work with certain third parties to deliver our services and fulfil your order, for example, delivery companies; card protection and payment processing companies, business partners and credit reference agencies and we may receive information about you from them.
How we use the information we collect
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you, such as processing and completing your order or providing information you request about a product. We may need to disclose information to third parties for this, such as a bank; email service provider or shipping/delivery provider.
- To provide you with information about our products, services or promotions that are similar to your preferences, based on your purchase history. We may contact you by telephone, email, SMS or post. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by following the link provided in the message.
- To improve your shopping experience on our website and provide a more tailored service to you. Only at your request, to involve you in our promotions.
- To interact with you using Social Media. Please note we do not control Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or other Social Media websites but if you click on features such as ‘share’ / ‘like’ / ‘retweet’, these sites may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on the Social Media.
- To notify you about changes to our services, this website, your order or our terms and conditions.
- To allow any carefully selected third parties that we choose to deal with to provide you with information about goods or services that we think may interest you.
How we use information we collect about you
Any information you have provided to us and any third party information we receive will be used for these purposes:
- For processing your orders and keeping a record of them
- To allow us to maintain and keep this website safe and secure.
- For internal maintenance and administration of this website and any Social Media, such as data analysis and research purposes.
- For improving your experience of our website and processing your orders as efficiently as possible.
- For recommendations and promotional purposes of products and services that may interest you and our Social Media use, including enabling user participation if you choose to do so.
In what circumstances we can share this information
Whilst you are trusting us with your information when you visit our website, to carry out our services we do need work with a number of selected third parties and share your in- formation with them.
These may include:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. This can include companies that help us send orders or process returns; carry out payment processing; support our IT systems or deal with our accounts.
- From time to time, market research, marketing and advertising companies, analytics and search engine providers, to help optimise our website and our Social Media.
- We carefully select any third parties that we work with for their ability to provide what we need as well as their ability to handle sensitive data appropriately.
We may also disclose your personal information:
If we are under a legal or regulatory duty to disclose or share it.
In order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or security of The Moore House Cocktail Company, our customers, or others.
As part of our fraud prevention and credit risk reduction procedures.
For corporate transactions such as if we sell or buy any business or assets or if we are acquired as an asset by a third party.
What we cannot do with your information
- We will never sell your personal information to any third party without your consent, including your name, e-mail address or credit card information.
- We will only retain your information for as long as we need to.Generally, this means either whilst your account remains in existence with us or as needed for us to provide the services you need. We will only keep information beyond these scenarios if we need to legally (for example, to resolve a dispute).
We have what we believe are appropriate security controls in place to protect personal data. Risk assessment, including assessing risks to the rights and freedoms of data subjects, is at the heart of our ISMS. We do not, however, have any control over what happens between your device and the boundary of our information infrastructure. You should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate steps to safe- guard your own information. Transmission of data over the internet is not always completely secure. Whilst we try to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee its security even if transmitted via our website and such transmission is at your own risk. We accept no liability in respect of breaches that occur beyond our sphere of control.
For payment processing purposes, we use a trusted third party and, as such, we do not store your credit/debit card information.
We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt personal information that you pro- vide via your registered account on our website (including your payment details). This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an unsecured connection. Our website is certified with an SSL certificate, which verifies that it is secure.
We keep your information confidential and store user personal data on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject whose personal information we hold, you have certain rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com or use the information supplied in the Contact Us section below. In order to process your request, we will ask you to provide two valid forms of identification for verification purposes. Your rights are as follows:
- The right of access - You may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you free of charge. Once we have verified your identity and, if relevant, the authority of any third-party requestor, we will provide access to the personal data we hold about you as well as the following information:
a) The purposes of the processing
b) The categories of personal data concerned
c) The recipients to whom the personal data has been disclosed
d) The retention period or envisioned retention period for that personal data
e) When personal data has been collected from a third party, the source of the personal data
- If there are exceptional circumstances that mean we can refuse to provide the information, we will explain them. If requests are frivolous or vexatious, we reserve the right to refuse them. If answering requests is likely to require additional time or occasions unreasonable expense (which you may have to meet), we will inform you.
- The right to rectification - When you believe we hold inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you, you may exercise your right to correct or complete this data. This may be used with the right to restrict processing to make sure that incorrect/incomplete information is not processed until it is corrected.
- The right to erasure (the ‘right to be forgotten’) - Where no overriding legal basis or legitimate reason continues to exist for processing personal data, you may re- quest that we delete the personal data. This includes personal data that may have been unlawfully processed. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure erasure.
- The right to restrict processing - You may ask us to stop processing your personal data. We will still hold the data, but will not process it any further. This right is an alternative to the right to erasure. If one of the following conditions applies you may exercise the right to restrict processing:
a) The accuracy of the personal data is contested
b) Processing of the personal data is unlawful
c) We no longer need the personal data for processing but the personal data is required for part of a legal process
d) The right to object has been exercised and processing is restricted pending a decision on the status of the processing
- The right to data portability - You may request your set of personal data to be transferred to another controller or processor, provided in a commonly used and machine-readable format. This right is only available if the original processing was on the basis of consent, the processing is by automated means and if the processing is based on the fulfilment of a contractual obligation.
- The right to object - You have the right to object to our processing of your data where:
Processing is based on legitimate interest;
Processing is for the purpose of direct marketing;
Processing is for the purposes of scientific or historic research;
Processing involves automated decision-making and profiling.
To maximise the control of your information, we suggest you can:
- Keep us updated: if we hold any incorrect or incomplete information please tell us so we can promptly correct it.
- Look for the click-box to agree or disagree to information you provide being used for direct marketing purposes.
- Let us know if you change your mind about our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us – see below:
Should you wish to discuss a complaint, please feel free to contact us using the details provided above. All complaints will be treated in a confidential manner.
Should you feel unsatisfied with our handling of your data or about any complaint that you have made to us about our handling of your data, you are entitled to escalate your complaint to a supervisory authority within the European Union.
For the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who is also our lead supervisory authority. Its contact information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Cookies are small data files sent from a website to your computer or mobile phone. Cookies are stored on the hard drive of your device. Some are ‘session’ cookies, stored until you close your browser, others are ‘persistent’ cookies and stored for much longer periods, such as when you or your browser deletes them.
These cookies don't give us access to your personal information.
These are not set by us but may be dropped onto your computer by a third party when you use one of our website or do certain things on one of our websites. For example, when you click a 'share' button that lets you share pages with your friends through websites like Twitter and Facebook. These sites may set a cookie when you login to share things.
We can't control how third party cookies work but we can control which websites we choose to work with. We take your privacy seriously and we would not work with a website we don't trust.
We may from time to use Google Analytics to help us understand how well the website is working and how we can improve it. This is a third-party analytics tool to help us collect information about how people use our website and how they get to us. Please note such cookies are anonymous and do not collect or store personal information about you.
Whilst we strongly believe our website works best when you keep cookies enabled, it is your choice. You can delete and reject cookies using your browser.
Latest review: July 2019