Back in November, we were delighted to participate in the first Cocktail and Signature Serve Masters held by The Spirit Business – the worlds’ leading spirits trade magazine, to acknowledge the rise in consumers seeking to enjoy bar-quality drinks at home.
Held at the Novotel London Bridge Hotel, the competition sought to discover which recipes should be awarded for their high quality and well‐thought‐out methods in a blind tasting. Cocktails were judged by two panels made up of industry experts (see footnote for full line up) and chaired by Melita Kiely, editor of The Spirits Business and David T Smith, spirits writer, consultant and co‐founder of the Craft Distilling Expo.
The cocktails were expertly mixed on‐site by Kristo Muca, head bartender at Los Mochis, using the entrant’s instructions and presented to judges in spirit‐focused flights.
The competition assessed entries based on their appearance, nose, palate and balance, and considered how easy and accessible the drinks were to make in terms of their recipes and methods.
The drink flights included vodka, gin, rum, whiskey and tequila categories. The Moore House Cocktail Company’s Daiquiri was entered into the rum category in which we were thrilled to win a gold medal with the serve being complimented for it’s “lovely aroma with some hints of elderflower”.
All awards are a wonderful acknowledgment of the Moore dedication to using our expertise to create the most delicious ready to drink cocktails but it feels extra special when the praise comes from industry peers.
- Matt Chambers, spirits writer and founder of the Whisky for Everyoneblog and North London Whisky Club
- Evan Prousaefs, bar manager and assistant general manager of Los Mochis restaurant in London’s Notting Hill
- Bernadette Pamplin, freelance spirits writer and founder of the Under the Ginfluence blog
- Nicola Carruthers, deputy editor of The Spirits Business
- Dimple Athavia, founder of All Things Drinks